Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
Auto insurance, also known as car insurance or motor insurance, is a contract between an individual or a business and an insurance company. It provides financial protection against losses incurred due to accidents, theft or other covered incidents. Saunders Insurance Agency proudly serves the Gallipolis and Jackson, Ohio, area and surrounding communities by providing quality, affordable auto insurance solutions. If you need auto insurance, call us today to get started.
How Much Auto Insurance Should I Carry?
Determining the appropriate auto insurance coverage is essential to ensure you’re protected in an accident or unforeseen circumstances. Numerous factors will affect how much coverage you need to be properly insured, including the following:
- State requirements—Like many other states, Ohio requires drivers to carry minimum auto liability insurance. You’ll want to ensure that the policy you purchase includes enough liability coverage to satisfy these requirements.
- Vehicle value—Depending on your vehicle type, you may consider adding coverage designed to help you repair or replace your vehicle following damages. Two types of coverage, comprehensive coverage and collision coverage, exist to help cover the costs of repairing or replacing vehicles following a covered loss. Consider the current value of your vehicle when selecting coverage limits. Newer vehicles with a lot of technology and electric vehicles may be more expensive to insure with comprehensive and collision coverages, as repairing and replacing these vehicles can be expensive.
- Lender requirements—In most cases, auto lenders or lienholders will require you to carry minimum amounts of physical damage coverages (i.e., collision coverage and comprehensive coverage) to help protect their investment should you experience a covered loss. You may also be required to purchase guaranteed asset protection (GAP) coverage to help cover the remaining auto loan or lease amount if it is totaled or stolen and you owe more on the loan than the car’s depreciated value.
- Risk assessment—Assess your driving habits, commute distance and the general risk factors associated with your daily routine. You might want to consider higher coverage limits if you frequently drive in high-traffic areas or have a long commute.
- Additional protection—Review any additional coverage options that align with your needs. This could include uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, roadside assistance or rental car reimbursement coverage.
While it can be tempting to opt for the minimum coverage required, choosing higher coverage limits and additional protections can provide you with greater financial security and peace of mind.
How Do Auto Insurance Deductibles Work?
A deductible is applicable with certain auto coverages and is the amount you agree to pay out of pocket before your insurance coverage kicks in. For example, if you have a $1,000 deductible and file a claim for $4,000 in damages, you would pay the first $1,000, and your insurance would cover the remaining $3,000. Deductibles are generally paid on a claims-made basis, also known as a per-incident deductible, which means you’re responsible for paying your deductible each time you file a claim. However, some policies have a single deductible, which helps protect you if you’re in an accident with multiple deductibles or you file multiple claims in a year.
The deductible you choose will contribute to your overall premium. Generally, choosing a higher deductible translates to lower premium payments, while a lower deductible translates to higher premium payments. However, a higher deductible means paying more out-of-pocket toward a claim before insurance covers any remaining costs. Work with Saunders Insurance Agency to determine what type and amount of deductible is right for you based on your financial situation and risk tolerance.
Contact Us Today for an Auto Insurance Quote
At Saunders Insurance Agency, we understand that every driver’s insurance needs are unique. That’s why we offer a range of auto insurance solutions to tailor coverage specifically to you. Our knowledgeable agents are ready to assist you in determining the right amount of coverage and deductible for your circumstances. Don’t wait until it’s too late—protect your vehicle today with our reliable auto insurance solutions.