Business & Commercial Insurance
Business & Commercial Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Business & Commercial Insurance Information
Understanding the Insurance Needs of Businesses
Risk management and loss control are necessary parts of daily operations for your business. Any negligence or lack of due diligence could have devastating consequences for your company’s finances and future. Even everyday tasks can carry significant risk. Fortunately, a comprehensive insurance portfolio can provide adequate layers of protection.
For over a half-century the insurance experts at Saunders Insurance Agency have been helping businesses in the Gallipolis and Jackson areas assess and address their coverage needs.
What Coverages Does My Business Need?
Although businesses may have various risks and exposures, most policyholders can find significant value in several common types of coverage. Your insurance policy package should protect you from losses and damages arising from many different incidents. With that in mind, consider the following coverages:
- Commercial property—This coverage can provide financial assistance for damages suffered by property you own or rent to operate your business, including your building, equipment, inventory and furniture.
- General liability—This coverage can protect you from damages if you are responsible for another party’s bodily injury, property damage or personal and advertising injury.
- Product liability—If your business is accused of manufacturing, distributing or selling a defective product that causes bodily injury, this coverage can help protect you from losses and damages.
- Professional liability—This coverage, also known as errors and omissions insurance, can render assistance if a customer or client claims that your business provided inadequate or negligent services.
- Workers’ compensation—If your employees are injured on the job or develop a work-related illness, this coverage can help pay for medical costs and lost wages.
- Business interruption—If your company is forced to pause regular operations due to a covered incident, this insurance can provide financial aid for rent, lost revenue and relocation.
Depending on your company’s operations, several other types of insurance coverage may be worth considering. For example, commercial auto and cyber liability insurance are necessary investments for businesses that regularly depend on vehicles and technology, respectively.
How Much Does Insurance for Businesses Cost?
Several criteria will determine your premiums as your company addresses its business insurance needs. Providers will generally consider the following factors:
- Industry—Employers in high-risk industries may have to pay more for coverage.
- Location—Inherent risks and legal requirements may vary based on where you operate.
- Workforce size—Businesses with larger workforces and higher total payrolls may be quoted higher premiums.
- Claims history—Companies with a history of frequent incidents or unsafe working conditions may have to pay more for coverage.
Get the Right Coverage
Even in safe work environments, certain incidents may be inevitable, which could lead to significant losses and damages without adequate coverage. Businesses of all sizes and across all sectors must understand their risks and exposures and obtain adequate financial protection.
Saunders Insurance Agency is here to help. Contact our agents today to assess your insurance needs and build a suitable portfolio of coverages.