Farm Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Farm Insurance Information
Like other businesses, farms need protection from potential financial hardships that could put their operations at risk. Farm insurance can help reduce that risk, protecting buildings, equipment and even lost income if their operations are disrupted.
What Is Farm Insurance?
Farm insurance is not a single type of coverage but rather a combination of insurance policies that offer protection. A farm’s operations typically need insurance coverage that other businesses have, such as property insurance and general liability coverage. Still, they also may need more specialized coverage for their farm’s unique operations.
Many farmers choose these types of coverage for protection:
- General liability insurance offers needed protection from various claims such as bodily injury, property damage, personal injury, and others resulting from a farm’s operations.
- Crop insurance may reimburse losses if a disaster, such as a tornado, wildfire or flood strikes, damages a farm’s crops.
- Farm equipment insurance may offer reimbursement for certain losses and damages. For instance, coverage can protect the machinery vital to a farm’s operations (e.g., tractors, irrigation equipment, trailers, combines).
- Livestock insurance may cover specific activities, such as livestock transit or auction market coverage, poultry coverage or pasture and dairy cattle coverage. Mortality insurance can provide coverage for animals with an exceptionally high value to a farm, such as a stud.
- Workers’ compensation insurance is necessary if a farm employs anyone. Without this coverage, farmers must pay medical expenses and lost wages out-of-pocket.
Is Supplemental Coverage Available?
Farms may benefit from supplemental insurance coverage depending on the scale of their operations. Some additional insurances include:
- Equine insurance may insure a farm’s horses against death, injuries and other hazards.
- Farm auto insurance may financially protect vehicles or tractors against damage or other losses.
- Farm dwelling insurance may cover a home or dwelling if the farmer lives on the property.
- Farm liability insurance may help repay people if a farm’s operations cause bodily injuries or property damage.
- Farm structures insurance may insure a farm’s structures, including barns, grain silos and other buildings.
- Umbrella insurance may help protect against liability claims exceeding the limits of a farm’s other liability policies.
What Are the Benefits of Farm Insurance?
There are numerous daily risks on a farm that can impact operations. Insurance benefits a farm by enabling it to maintain its financial livelihood if something upsets its operations. We can explore the scope of your farming operations to ensure that you have a wide range of coverage for the many aspects of your agribusiness.
Protect Your Operations
Saunders Insurance Agency can help you with the insurance coverage to protect your farm. Call us today at 740-446-0404 to get started on your farm’s coverage.