Aviation Insurance Information
In addition to providing expedient transportation, aircraft may present exciting options for personal enjoyment and business purposes. However, airplanes, helicopters, drones and other airborne vehicles include significant risks and exposures. With these stakes in mind, owners and operators of aircraft should strongly prioritize aviation insurance.
What Is Aviation Insurance?
As its name suggests, aviation insurance is a specialized type of coverage designed to financially safeguard policyholders involved with aircraft. Aviation insurance may be available to airlines, businesses and individuals. Policies vary significantly, and coverage is typically customized to suit unique circumstances. Certain coverages may be lumped into a single policy or available separately, depending on the insurer.
What Does Aviation Insurance Cover?
Given the financial worth, size and potential velocity of many aircraft, owning and operating these vessels includes inherent risk for damage and financial losses. Such consequences may arise from even a slight miscalculation or momentary lapse in attention, and even the most experienced and responsible aviators may eventually need loss control measures.
With the many potential uses of aircraft and possibly serious financial ramifications in mind, aviation insurance policies may consist of the following critical components:
- In-flight coverage—This may help pay for damage sustained by your aircraft, such as while in flight.
- Public liability coverage—If your vessel inflicts bodily injuries, property damage or otherwise incurs financial losses on third parties, this coverage may provide financial aid.
- Passenger liability coverage—This part of your policy may compensate passengers for financial losses accrued due to incidents occurring while on your aircraft.
- Ground risk hull coverage (in motion)—This coverage may compensate you for damage to your vessel while grounded and in motion, such as while being taxied to a runway.
- Ground risk hull coverage (nonmotion)—If your aircraft is damaged while stationary, such as by fires or crime, this coverage may provide compensation.
Get the Right Coverage
Serving Gallipolis, Jackson and southeastern Ohio since 1951, the Saunders Insurance Agency is well-equipped to help aviators assess and address their coverage needs. Contact us
today to get a personalized quote or learn more.